Hue Society is the hub of the black wine ecosystem. We curate innovative events, provide resources and amplify black voices in the wine community - assimilation not required.
HUE Society is committed to changing the narrative of Black & Brown wine consumers and brands. We are focused on advancing commerce, building community, and curating wine-relevant experiences that honor and celebrate African American heritage and history and bridge the intersection of wine and culture. Founded by Tahiirah Habibi, a celebrated Black sommelier, who is dedicated to increasing economic inclusion and empowerment in the wine industry. We are leaders, pioneering access and education through our experiences.
To join us is to join as organization that has always been on the forefront of change in a underrepresented industry. Everyone is welcome to join the allegiance for our advancement. Hue is not just about wine, Hue Society is activism in action.
Here you will find the full range of community including consumers, wine brands, winemakers, distributors/importers, sommeliers, wine professionals, journalists, bloggers/vloggers/influencers/ travel companies, wine educators, podcasts, wine shops and organizations who are allies.
Our community and allies who have supported our programming and funding initiatives.
Hue Society is intentional about curating innovative programming and initiatives that are relevant to our UNIQUE experiences. However, providing the community with these resources is not free. We are always seeking program partners, funding, donations and resources to continue our work. Hue Society is committed to increasing economic inclusion for the black wine community. We have created Wine INWARD initiative with intentions to:
1) Continue to create programming for brands and consumers that increase visibility and access
2) Provide financial assistance and scholarships for community members seeking to further their education in partnership with wine schools, WSET and the Court of Masters
3) Study abroad vineyard scholarships
4) Mentor/Apprenticeship Programs
5) Partnerships with large distribution and wine companies to recruit and extend internships to HBCU's and other black organizations on college campuses
6) Partnerships with large importer/distributors to increase front line marketing and placements of black brands
7) Partnerships with restaurants and retailers to increase front line placements.
8) Develop training and educations courses
Join the fight here by donating to our Wine INWARD initiatives here. For more information on how you can help, we can be reached at [email protected]
Click here to have your business or organization included in our directory membership.
Click here to join our mailing list.